Thursday, October 08, 2009

Dolphins

My first day in Dorking this week. The traffic was not too bad this morning and my journey took about one and a half hours with a short stop for fuel at Popham. A very busy day as usual with a meeting with a work experience girl, Bianca, who seemed to be fascinated with the work I do, followed by a constructive 1:1 with my boss Joanna. I had lunch in the restaurant - an Indian Meal Deal - with Joanna and Gordon, my Director. I arrived home this evening at 7.30 p.m. just in tie for the House Group to start at 8.00 p.m. Ivan and Klynn joined us this evening and we continued our study of 1 Timothy. Klynn stayed behind for a quick whisky and a chat about his prospects for a new job. We had tears from Mary at bedtime as Sara has promised to take her to play with the dolphins at the Blue Lagoon, Bahamas; but I was less than enthusiastic when I saw the price! With the $ to the £ being much less than it was in 2007 we must be careful and realise our money won't go quite as far or there as it did two years ago. I therefore wanted to manage Mary's expectations and not make any promises. Sara and I will have to continue these discussions tomorrow as she has now gone to bed exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment