Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Sporting Sunday

Woke after a bad dream in which Sara and I had separated and I was looking for a one-bedroomed flat in Croydon - although it was actually New York! All properties for rent seemed to be owned by a criminal gang led by one of our company directors! Make that of it what you will! It wasn't very nice. It was just after 7.30 a.m. when I got up, showered and went to the 8.00 a.m. early Eucharist at St. John's. This morning Sara and Mary went to the special Harvest Festival Service at All Saints where Mary did one of the readings - wish I'd been there to see it. Tom and I went off to Larkhill for the Durrington Rangers v. Clarendon football match. Tom didn't start but came on after around 10 minutes. By half time Clarendon were down 4-1. Tom slammed a goal in in the second half, after a penalty had been missed, to make it 4-2 and soon the score was up to 5-5. Tom then took the ball along the left wing, running like the wind and instead of crossing it to another player and risk an offside (the linesman for this half was poor at understanding the Offside Rule) used his speed to beat the last player and drilled it into the net - 5-6! A further goal (although this probably was offside) clinched it and Clarendon won 5-7! Tom's new boots bought in Liverpool last Sunday seemed to work magic. Tom needs to make a point of attending training on a Friday night and gelling ever more with the team. His team mates the other parents and manager were absolutely delighted with him - as was I of course. He has real talent which needs to be honed by training. Lunch was home made fish, chips and mushy peas followed by jelly and fruit. This afternoon Richard and I played 11 holes at Wilton. I started off (we both did in fact) rather rusty but I did get two pars and my game improved as we progressed. My driving, when I did hit it well, seemed to be longer than usual. Back home I watched the Chelsea v. Liverpool match on Sky. Chelsea, unfortunately won 2-0. Tonight I was invited by Klynn to join the pub quiz team at the Lion's Head; but decided it would be nicer to stay at home and watch an Alan Rickman film with Sara. Tom went off to Rockface. I have an early start tomorrow morning so must get to bed early tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Tom! Remember me when you play for England...tickets front row at Wembley please ;-)

    ReplyDelete