Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Broken Specs.

The weather had really turned nasty this morning - heavy rain. Tom was up early doing his belated French homework with Mum who, also uncharacteristically, got up early. Another day in Salisbury today -the HR consultant girls have now put my name on the movements list as they want to know where I am so they can seek advice. They've even put up my Myers Briggs profile - ENTP by the way! The day didn't start too well as I dropped my new spectacles in the kitchen and the right lens was so badly chipped that I had to take the pair into the opticians for a replacement. The cost was astronomical - £97 - I just hope I can get some of it back on insurance. That's the problem with these varifocal specs. I met Sara for lunch - a pasty and a coffee at the West Cornish Pasty shop and Sara was delighted to tell me that at Weight Watchers she had lost 4.5 lbs last week. A great achievement. We called in first at Vision Express to pick up my repaired glasses. I called in at Sarum College on the way back to work to see if they had any more House Group study guides - unfortunately not. I picked up Stephen W, the master of my Sussex mother lodge (Brighton & Hove Civic No. 5223) at the station and took him the Sarum Lodge meeting. We had a great evening and the the Assistant Provincial Grand Master for Sussex, Grahame, attended along with Peter M. A great honour. Grahame is such a king and pleasant man - good company and good ceremony. Sara has bought herself an electric blanket - she is always complaining of the cold - so I guess she no longer needs me to cuddle up to her to get her warm! Personally, I don't like warm beds - I prefer refreshing cool sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment