Monday, October 12, 2009

Uncle Adam arrives from Thailand

m. After such a late night last night it was very hard to get up this morning. Sara's alarm went off at 6.45 a.m. and fortunately woke me up - although it was set for 7 a.m. I made tea as usual, showered and hoisted the Canadian flag as it was Canadian Thanksgiving Day. I left a little later than normal and due to problems on the M25 (fuel spillage just before Junction 10) got in at 9.55 a.m. - just five minutes before the Senior Managers' Meeting at 10 a.m. That meeting took up the whole morning and at lunchtime I went into Dorking to bank some cheques and some cash and buy myself a sandwich from Sainsbury's. This afternoon was a real rush to get a number of tasks completed before I went off to Heathrow Airport to pick Adam up from his Etihad Flight 017 from Abu Dhabi. I had a good journey to Heathrow arriving at 4.45 p.m. - about an hour before his flight actually landed. I had a wander around Terminal 4 and watched a few planes making their approach to the runway. Adam came through security at 6.30 p.m. and we were on our way back to Wiltshire by 6.45 p.m. arriving back at Winterslow at 8 p.m. Adam had brought us all lovely presents from Thailand and Mary was particularly delighted to see her Uncle Adam again. Sara had cooked us all a cottage pie. Although it is not yet 10 p.m. we are all feeling pretty tired and Adam and I need to be up early again tomorrow to go to Salisbury Railway Station where we are catching trains to Plymouth and London respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment