Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More laptop frustration

A second consecutive day in Dorking - quite an unusual occurrence these days. The weather was wet and miserable as I left home today. I arrived at the office at 9.45 a.m. and immediately my laptop was taken out of action in order for it to be re-installed with Windows 2007. The whole process taking two and a half hours which meant I was unable to do any online work. I and Belinda and Matt looked over the CVs for Karen's temporary replacement and made a short-list of five which I took over to HR. I joined Anthony, Matt and Michael for lunch - tasking over my packed lunch from home and this afternoon joined in a teleconference on one of our income protection claims. I left the office fairly promptly a little after 5 p.m. and arived home at just before 7 p.m. Sara went out tonight to one of her best Virgin Vie clients and is hoping to bring back some big orders. Tonight I completed Complex's Annual return on line and printed off all the essential documents for our holiday arrangements. Mary played a game on Sara's laptop and I watched a poor film based on the Loch Ness Monster - with American Scottish accents - whilst writing up the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment