Thursday, October 22, 2009

BNP on Question Time

A final day this week in Dorking. As we are moving shortly back into the main building I spent a good bit of the day clearing out a lot of old papers which I don't think I need any more. I had lunch with Nigel G followed by a nice latte. Tonight we had three for the House Group - not many but as Sara is feeling very unwell with her bronchitis and went to bed very early coughing badly. We continued to study the First Letter to Timothy. Tonight also saw the screening of the controversial Question Time with Nick Griffin, the Leader of the BNP. Opinion has been divided as to whether this should have been allowed to happen or not. He is, after all, the leader of a political party with 12 councillors and 2 MEPs. I think it was a good move as he came across very uncomfortable and shifty and was very unconvincing in denying some of the racist statements he has made previously and which can be seen on YouTube. I believe that the credibility of the BNP was severely damaged by tonight's programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment