Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A day's training in London

Up very early again this morning - 5.30 a.m. Adam was already awake and after I had showered, made tea, had some breakfast cereal, we said goodbye to Sara and drove off, in the dark with the stars still shining, to Salisbury Station. There, Adam and I parted company - him to catch the 0640 train to Bristol (en route to Plymouth) and me the 0645 train to London. Klynn joined my train at Grateley and we journeyed up together - Klynn buying me a coffee. Once at Waterloo I took the Bakerloo and Circle lines to High Street Kensington where I attended an all day employment law update conference at the Kensington Town Hall. I very good conference indeed with excellent speakers and I was delighted to be assured of a number of stances I have taken recently on legal issues related to redundancy and TUPE. An excellent lunch was provided - trout, sweet and sour chicken, fruit salad, wine and coffee. The day passed incredibly quickly and I returned to Salisbury on the 1750 train from Waterloo. Klynn joined me again as far as Grateley and I returned his hospitality of this morning by buying him a tea. Tonight I have spent most of the evening catching up on correspondence and backing up my computer documents onto an external hard drive. It seems that I should be able to synchronize everything on my hard drive, including programmes, onto this external drive but I must confess to not understanding it all. I have merely uploaded copies of pictures and documents as I would not to memory stick. Will close now as I must now help Sara fill out her share option forms in light of the proposed takeover of our company.

No comments:

Post a Comment