Thursday, March 04, 2010

An A-Class day

I dropped my car off this morning at the Mercedes garage on Southampton Road for a service and was given a brand new A-Class as a loan car. The car was registered HJ10JUH and was only three days old with 34 miles on the clock. I took it over to Warminster where I visited the regalia shop to have my Principal's Royal Arch jewel adjusted to a Provincial Officer's jewel in readiness for my elevation on Monday week. The job (swapping one coloured ribbon with another) took about 45 minutes and I went off to the Gorge Cafe for a coffee and a read of the daily newspaper. On my return to Winterslow I popped into the doctor's surgery to find out the results of a test which proved "normal". I heard back from Starwood this afternoon and discovered that I was one month late in getting our reservation in for the Bahamas. My fault entirely and this will be disappointing news for the children. We will now definitely have to hope to get in at Cancun or Myrtle Beach. I was impressed by my loan car and, on my return to Mercedes to pick up my car, expressed my interest in trading the C-Class in for an A-Class. The latter is smaller but still spacious and would be ideal for golf. It has the advantage of similar controls and features to the C-Class and seems equally roomy inside. They will give me a figure for the C-Class after the weekend and I will have to see how that leaves the balance for either a new A-Class or, more probably, an ex-loan car (which would be no more than 3 months old). Mary returned from Oxenwood very happy but she is suffering from pains in her chest as a result of a fall from a climbing frame a few days ago. She will need to see the doctor tomorrow but she has a fear of doctors' surgeries and thinks that is where you go to die. She needs convincing that our doctor is not called Shipman. Tom has been packing tonight for his trip to Holland. We must all be up at 4 a.m. tomorrow. I still need to finish off my packing for my trip to Liverpool tomorrow too. I will be going up there straight after my Ambassadors' breakfast meeting. We had a successful house group this evening with nine participants. It was good to see the room so full.

No comments:

Post a Comment