Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beware the Ides of March - It's Mothering Sunday

An incredibly busy day today. Despite Tom's promise to wake Sara up with a cup of tea (it being Mothering Sunday) I woke up at 6.30 a.m. and made the tea - I could only get a grunt out of Tom who was still laying in bed. I discovered last night that the Early Morning Eucharist was at St. John's and not East Grimstead so attended the St. John's service. The reading and sermon was on The Prodigal Son and the theme was very touching today. After the service I had 45 minutes to have some breakfast and take Tom to Salisbury City's Ground where Clarendon were playing Salisbury City Juniors. Clarendon won 7-1. Tom only played in the second half and whilst he played some good football he didn't manage to score anything today. This afternoon Sara and Mary went into Salisbury for a photo-shoot for the Dance Show. I prepared and cooked an early roast beef dinner as a special Mother's Day Treat. During the meal both my Mum and Sara's Dad phoned. Apparently, Sara's Dad and Andrea and her brother Lee and his new girlfriend, Christy, are coming over to England in September and hiring a boat on the Thames. We have been asked to join them if we can. Mum had rung to say that she enjoyed the flowers which I had had delivered yesterday. Tom, Mary and I gave Sara some roses last night (see photo). Tonight, Klynn, Richard, Jeremy and I took part in the Lion's Head Pub Quiz. We named our team "Need More Crisps" and as a result were given a second bowl of them for our cheek! We went on to win (yet again) and another bottle of wine adorns our sideboard in the dining room. Fortunately, we had two rounds on football stadia which Richard and I could answer well. Came home to find Sara watching......"Desperate Housewives" again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment