Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud!

Today Sara had an open house all day demonstrating and taking orders for Vie at Home products with a percentage of her profit going to the Clic Sargent cancer charity. I decided it would be a good day to go into Salisbury and deal with my end of the month banking exercises when I move funds around. This entailed visiting three banks. I parked at Waitrose, as I needed to attend to some business in the post office, and then went into the city centre. I bought Easter cards to send to the children's godparents and relations and sat down in Cafe Nero for an hour drinking a large latte and writing the cards. I really enjoyed the relaxing morning and felt under no pressure to be anywhere else or doing anything else. I returned home just as Hilary L was leaving. It was good to see her and she briefly told me some of the news from the old Company. Serena turned up just as I was about to leave again, following a low-caloried lunch (I started my Weight Watcher's diet in earnest today!), to play golf at Otterbourne with Richard. We arrived at the golf club at about 3 p.m. and played nine holes in the most wretched muddy conditions imaginable. Every hole was full of water and we literally squelched our way round the course. I hit a par at the first hole and after that it was downhill all the way. We were cold, wet and covered in mud. The rain held off but the wind was biting. We were both sprayed with mud every time we struck the ball. Balls turned from white to brown well before they reached the greens! I now remember why I decided to be a fair weather golfer! We finished the nine holes and decided that we would go to the Lion's Head in Winterslow tonight - which we did, at 9 p.m. However, because my latte this morning was full cream milk (I should have asked for a "skinny latte" apparently) I had used up my allocation of points so had to drink diet cokes in the pub rather than my usual London Pride and restrict myself to a pickled egg whilst I watched Richard tuck into his porky scratchings. I went to bed hungry tonight. Sara did very well and made a good contribution to the charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment