Monday, March 08, 2010

Snapped!

Spent the morning going through my post which had accumulated over the last three days and wrote letters. The cheque for my retirement present had not arrived from my old company so I made a few phone calls to chase it up. In the meantime I will need to pay the bill. Sara went into Salisbury with a friend from the village (who is a seamstress) to choose material for a new blind for the refurbished cloakroom. On her return we spoke to her brother, Adam, on the phone in Thailand. It is his 46th birthday today and we had flown the Union flag for him. I set off for Brighton at around 1.30 p.m. arriving at Peter's at around 3.15 p.m. After a quick wash and a change and a cup of very welcomed tea we set off for the Brighton Masonic Centre to attend Civic Lodge's meeting and white table (a dinner afterwards where the ladies, widows and non-masons are invited). The ceremony went off well although I did introduce some "Wiltshire Working" and gave the wrong sign in the second degree (as did others - whether of their own volition or following me I don't know!) We returned at around 10.30 p.m. and I felt really tired. I drank tea and had a chat with Peter until about 11.30 a.m. I rang Sara just before midnight to hear that Tom had returned safely from Holland but that he had damaged my Olympus digital camera in a fit of anger whilst over there. I was livid! My parting word to him were to come back safely and bring my camera (which Sara had persuaded me to lend him against my better judgement) back in one piece. Clearly my judgement was correct and he has no hope of ever borrowing my new Canons as I know he wanted to. In fact he had, at first, asked to borrow my brand new Canon and I was adament he couldn't as I was going to take pictures in Liverpool with it. The Olympus is a really good camera with a quick download and a good back up. I will have to temper my anger before I see him tomorrow because, at the moment, I'm still on the ceiling! Need to read a few bible verses about "anger" I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment