Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Another crushing victory at St. Mary's

A very filled day today. I got up at 7.30 a.m. and breakfasted on oat cluster cereal and fruit juice. I walked up to the school with Mary and Molly - a brisk walk on a very frosty morning. After leaving them at the school I went to the post office to pay a telephone bill and post a couple of letters. I also bought a morning paper. Back home I read the paper over coffee and Sara went off to her "Ladies who Latte" meeting at Milford Hall Hotel in Salisbury. I spent the morning paying bills, reconciling balances and sending emails including one to book our week in the Bahamas. I also hoped to make a start on booking flights but will need to get confirmation on the dates before doing so. Nothing has so far appeared in my email inboxes. After a lunch of fish fingers and mushy peas, I drove into Salisbury, first of all to buy some new shoes and do some banking and afterwards to meet with Helen of Penna who has been appointed as my coach to help me find new directions in my life. We spent a couple of hours in the convivial surroundings of the White Hart exploring a number of things and looking at how I am re-adjusting to my new life and helping me to decide what I want to do in the future. I came away with a sheaf of paperwork to read and an exercise for me to complete - what are my strengths and how will I hone my skills. The meeting lasted a little longer than anticipated and I rushed back to pick up Tom to go to the Saints v. Huddersfield Town match at St. Mary's. Richard had phoned me earlier in the day to say he was free this evening and would like to come along. He had managed to get a seat close to ours and so we picked him up on the way. We were expecting a very close match as Huddersfield are in the last play-off spot and are pushing for promotion. It turned out to be a rout with Saints punishing Huddersfield with a 5-0 victory with the goals being scored by 5 different players - Lambert, Barnard, Puncheon, Hammond and Papa Weigo. A fantastic evening. I gave one of Tom's old SFC fleeces to Andy for Sam which he was delighted with. It was a cold night but the result warmed our hearts. That's 10 goals we've scored in two matches. We now have a positive goal difference of 26, the third highest in the division. We still, however, need the points. We now lie 10th but there is a big gap (14 points) between us and the final play-off spot. It looks hopeful for a really good game at Tranmere on Saturday. So pleased that I have tickets for that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment