Monday, March 15, 2010

Sussex Provincial Grand Chapter





Woke early this morning as I had to get over to Hove in Sussex for 12.30 p.m. for Peter to take me and five other Royal Arch masons over to Worthing for the Annual Convocation of Provincial Grand Chapter. Both Peter and I were to receive honours at the meeting - he to be promoted to the high office of Provincial Grand Registrar and me to receive a first appointment as Past Provincial Assistant Grand Sojourner - a decent rank on a first appointment. It's been 3 years coming as due to some administrative errors I have missed the honours' list twice - so this is the third attempt. I made sandwiches for Peter and me but Peter was unable to eat his as he is on anti-biotics and feeling groggy. We arrived at the Worthing Masonic Centre in good time and had a drink before taking our places in the Chapter Room. We were graced with the presence of the Second Grand Principal and Grand Superintendents from several Provinces including Wiltshire who sent not less than four senior delegates - the Grand Superintendent, Second Provincial Grand Principal, Third Provincial Grand Principal and the Provincial Grand Scribe E. It was a very regal affair indeed and the Grand Superintendent was most personable as he handed me my collar asking me to "kick his Second Provincial Grand Principal" (a member of my own Chapter) and my way back to my seat. We finished the meeting at 5 p.m. and dined at 6.00 p.m. - earlier than expected. During the break I phoned a friend of Klynn's to give him some employment law advice - although I am not sure he has a case against his employer as he had hoped. We will speak again in a couple of days. Dinner tonight consisted of smoked mackerel, steak and kidney pie, lemon torte, cheese and biscuits and coffee and mints. An excellent meal very well cooked. Peter and I got back to his house at around 9.00 p.m. where I am now writing up this blog. A satisfying day and I am very pleased to have made it to be a Provincial Grand Officer in Chapter - especially as the past rank I have been given is the same as that held by my proposer, Geoffrey Knights, who died earlier this year. Thank you Geoffrey for introducing me to RAM and for being my proposer. I dedicate my honour to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment