Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Visitor from Canada

This morning I had to take the car into the Mercedes garage in Salisbury to have some warranty work done on its diesel injectors. They once again gave me an A-Class loan car but this time it was a manual gear drive with a 1600cc engine which I found somewhat under-powered. If I am to get an A-Class it needs to be an 1800cc at least. This lunch time, Sara went to the Landford Poacher on the A36 to have lunch with her old colleagues Maggie H and Serena. I had pate and toast for lunch. I dealt with a number of letters and went off to collect my car at 2 p.m. On my return to the village I lowered the Jolly Roger flag, which I had hoisted to mark Budget Day (2p on a pint of beer, 2p on a bottle of wine and 10p on a bottle of cider), and replaced it with the Canadian Maple Leaf as Nicola, our bridesmaid who now lived in Canada, was visiting us with her father, our friend Paul, for tea and cakes. They arrived at 4 p.m. and left at 6.30 p.m. We discussed Nicola's new life in Canada (she has picked up a distinct Canadian accent just like my old friend Alan), our proposed trip to Dublin, football and many other subjects of mutual interest. It's been a strange kind of day - I started off with the intention of doing so much but time flies by these days and with two trips into Salisbury and visitors the day has just flown by again. There's always tomorrow I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment