Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sara's swollen foot

Mary had the first night of her dance show in Salisbury City Hall today. She was required to be at rehearsals again today before the full performance at 6.30 p.m. This meant taking her to and from the city hall three times today. Sara took her this morning but injured her foot returning from the City Hall this afternoon. She is now laid up with a swollen foot as I write this. I have had to take Mary in again this evening. Tom and I played eleven holes of golf at Grateley this afternoon. I managed to go round in 38 (a respectable number as confirmed by Roger M). It had been raining heavily in Hampshire and the greens were slow and rough. I am sure with smoother greens I could have done better. Anyway, this is the first time after a long absence that I have gone round 9 holes in under 40 so I am pleased even if some of the shots were a little wayward. Tom did very well too with some great shots. He needs to learn not to hurry his swing. Grimsby Town lost again today against Rochdale (4-1). Fortunately so did Cheltenham so the gap is still 4 points but only 8 games left now. It's not looking good. Their defeat was nothing in comparison to that of Aston Villa who went down 7-1 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Mary came back tonight exhausted but very content with her performance. Sara's ankle has swelled up quite badly and she cannot walk hardly. She will need to get Sarah McC to take her to the dance show tomorrow if she cannot drive as I shall be at Wembley in the afternoon for Southampton's match against Carlisle in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final.

No comments:

Post a Comment