Monday, March 22, 2010

Goodbye Grimsby

My final day in Grimsby. Woke early again and made tea for Mum and me. Breakfast today consisted of poached Grimsby Haddock with a poached egg and a croissant washed down with coffee. I spent the morning packing and also took Mum to her doctors to put in a prescription for some more tablets. I left Grimsby after a light snack of a cold pork sandwich and set off for Winterslow along the A180. I called in at the Brigg Garden Centre to pick up a few presents including a couple of meerkat statues for the children. Unfortunately, since Friday when we had called in, the two small ones I wanted to get had been sold - apparently there was a rush on meerkats over the weekend. I returned to Winterslow via Lincoln, Newark, Leicester, Northampton and Oxford. I got back home at 6.10 p.m. and Sara prepared a supper of Mexican fajitas before she went off to Southampton to attend a Vie at Home branch meeting. She received a prize for being Consultant of the Month with all her charity shows. Richard came round and we had a few beers whilst putting the world to rights and arranging to play golf tomorrow morning. He might also come to the match at Southampton tomorrow night. I had quite a bit of mail which I still need to open. One which did look interesting I opened to find it was a letter from the Sussex Provincial Grand Secretary advising me that I was being offered a Provincial promotion to Past Provincial Grand Sword Bearer -a good first promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment