Monday, March 29, 2010

Sarum Rehearsal

A relatively quiet day today after all the excitement of yesterday. The weather was poor again with rain for much of the day. I left the Saints flag on the pole to continue the celebrations. Quite a bit of tidying up to do and a large amount of mail to deal with today. Mary was feeling unwell after such a hectic weekend so stayed at home today. She did some school work in the morning and watched DVDs in the afternoon. Tom went to his friend Sam's house after school so we had a quiet afternoon. During the afternoon I received an email reminding me that there was a Sarum Lodge rehearsal this evening and as Bryant, our Director of Ceremonies couldn't make it, it fell to me as his Deputy to act as preceptor this evening. The meeting started at 6.30 p.m. and I was able to push it along to an 8 p.m. finish with a swift pint at the New Inn afterwards. It went reasonably well although there were only five of us present and I had to double as the candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment