Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Revenge for the Monkey

Woke up this morning at around 7 a.m. slightly disorientated as Sara was already up and for a moment I thought I was back in Grimsby until I viewed the bedroom wardrobe doors. Sara brought up tea and I had a shower before eating a breakfast of scrambled egg and smoked salmon. I put together the letter for Mum to send to the North East Lincs Council and placed this in an envelope together with a stamped addressed envelope to the Council, the original letters from the Council, after I'd taken copies, and a copy of her response. Richard called around at 10.15 a.m. for us to go and play golf at Wilton after having dropped off Helen at South Wilts School and me having called in at the post office in Waitrose to send off the package of documents to Mum. It started to rain heavily as we arrived at the golf course and we played our first two holes in quite heavy rain. Fortunately the weather did improve, as did our golf, and we finished feeling that we had played much better than last week and relatively dry too. This afternoon I wrote my letter of acceptance of my promotion to the Sussex Provincial Grand Secretary and at 5.30 p.m. Tom and I picked up Richard and drove to Southampton for the match against Hartlepool United. After parking at our usual car park in College Street and eating a supper of cod and chips at the St. Mary's Street chip shop we picked up Richard's ticket and entered the stadium chatting to John, Andy and Andy. The rain had stopped by this time and it was quite warm within the stadium. Hartlepool (the Monkey Hangers) started well and within three minutes were one goal up on the Saints. Saints came back with an equaliser about 12 minutes later and at half time were winning 2-1. In the second half each team scored again, Saints first and the a cracking goal from Hartlepool sent the scoreline to 3-2 where it finished. Hartlepool played very well and Saints players were playing softly - it being obvious that no Saints player wanted to get himself injured before the Wembley game on Sunday. 3-2 was also a nice finish for the Monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment