Monday, October 17, 2011

Adam's brief visit

Sara's brother Adam, arrived today from London where he is currently accompanying 12 Thai children on a visit as part of their studies.  Unfortunately his wife Lin was unable to accompany him as she is currently wheelchair-bound following an accident in Thailand involving the falling out of a tree!  After working this morning, I drove into Andover where I banked another £300 or so for the Calendar as well as attending to some other business banking.  I picked Adam up at Andover railway station and we drove back to Winterslow in time to pick up Mary from school.  She was thrilled to see her Uncle Adam whom she regards as "cool".  We had tea back home and a chat.  I had to get on with some more work as I now have two employment tribunal hearings to deal with immediately I return from holiday.  This evening we all joined Natasha and her family at the Hampton Inn for a meal.  I enjoyed a curry before having to leave them early to attend my weekly tutorial at the Diocesan Education Centre - the fourth in my first module which involved reflecting on a piece of scripture (Luke 5:27-32 - Levi's feast) where we had to get "into role" and discuss the piece from the point of view of one of the participants.  My role was as the local rabbi.  A interesting and enjoyable exercise which made it clear to me how difficult it is to argue against my faith.  I now have to start preparing for my assignments.  Adam is returning to London on the 5.30 a.m. train tomorrow so I need to be up at 4.30 a.m.!  Despite that didn't get to bed until about 12.30 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment