Friday, October 21, 2011

A hectic Trafalagar Day

Trafalgar Day and a incredibly hectic day today.  Sara and I both attended the Ambassadors' Breakfast Club this morning which was a special event for visitors and which was addressed by John Glen MP.  Sara had a small table in the corner of the room on which to sell Calendars.  Mary also came along and had breakfast with us.  Following this event, we then all three of us went to the Rockbourne Fair at Salisbury Racecourse to deliver the Calendars and wait for Bella from the shop to come and run the stall there.  I left Sara and Mary for an hour whilst I went into the city centre to do some essential shopping and banking.  We went home after this via Tesco's and I dealt with last minute mail before driving over to Great Wishford for my first meeting with my LLM Mentoring Group.  I was rather concerned when I arrived as my fuel indicator suggested that I was about to run out of fuel any minute and the nearest service station was some three miles away.  The meeting went well but left me realising just how much work I will be required to do before the end of this term and I am still unclear of how to put my assignments together.  I will have to give this a great deal of thought whilst I am on holiday.  I managed to top up the car with fuel before it completely ran out and got home about 4.30 p.m.  It was then frantic last minute packing before we left for our London hotel at just after 6.30 p.m. arriving at the hotel at around 8.15 p.m.  Fortunately we had a good run on the motorway.  We ate in the hotel tonight and went to bed around 10.30 p.m. hoping to have a reasonable night before getting up at 6 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment