Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Sarum Lodge's new Masonic Year begins

The weather has turned much cooler again today with a lot of drizzle.  I walked Mary to school this morning and Sara did her usual stint at Morning Star.  After a quick breakfast of a bacon and sausage muffin and coffee, I drove to Alderbury to attend the Mid-Week Eucharist at St. Mary's Hall.  Not too well attended this morning with just four clergy (including Gordon and Anthea) and four laity (including me).  Still, it was a very good service with Jane giving a homily on prayer and I gave the Old Testament reading from Jonah (Chapter 4).  Back home for another coffee at 11 a.m. with Sara arriving back only minutes afterwards.  I spent the rest of the day preparing for tonight's lodge meeting and also scanning and sending some copy documents to one of our clients.  This evening I attended our lodge meeting in Salisbury, which should have been the all important Installation Meeting but, which was replaced by John giving an excellent rendition of the Explanation of the First Degree Tracing Board.  A very pleasant Festive Board afterwards.  It was delightful to see two of our newer members, Lee and Richard, in attendance.  I really do hope that we can get some life back into the lodge and save it from having to hand in its 1929 warrant.  I am optimistic that we can turn these problems into opportunities.  I did manage to sell six Calendars tonight as well as three Provincial ties.  Our new Master Elect has taken one of the Calendars and will take it to a Bournemouth meeting where he hopes to get some orders for more.  A very long and full day today.  When is there not a full day?

No comments:

Post a Comment