Monday, October 24, 2011

Tropical Rain Storm in the Bahamas

Very unusual weather here in the Bahamas today.  The day started off quite warm but with threatening clouds throughout the morning.  Sara and Tom went down to the Atlantis resort ahead of Mary and me and we followed on about half an hour later.  I have the beginnings of a nasty head cold caused, no doubt, by the air conditioning and warm muggy weather.  About 2 p.m. the heavens opened and we were subjected to a torrential tropical rain storm which continued for about 5 hours and the temperature turned really chilly. We were walking through deep puddles back to the hotel reception. We regained our apartment like drowned rats and I warmed myself up with a Canadian Club whisky.  Time for a siesta this afternoon and I read something of my novel instead of my theological text books - after all, I certainly need some relaxation.  I also had to deal with some work for both of my Surrey clients.  Tonight I cooked spaghetti bolognaise and watched Game 5 of the World Series - a fantastic game which resulted in another narrow win for the Texas Rangers (4-2).

No comments:

Post a Comment