Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A day in the office

An unusual day today in that I didn't venture any more than 50 yards from the house - and that simply to post some letters across the road.  At least I saved on expensive car fuel by not going anywhere.  In fact I spent the whole day and evening, or most of it, on Complex work as we have to exchange witness statements on a case tomorrow and I also needed to make an application for a postponement of a hearing on another case.  Sara went to the racecourse for most of the day where the Rockbourne Fair was being held.  The Calendar Girls raised another £150 or so.  The balance is slowly rising all the time.  Not a huge amount to write about today as much is connected with confidential client matters.  Mary is at home (school having finished) and so spent quiter a bit of time with Sara.  I am really looking forward to the break coming up.  I seem to be much busier than I can ever remember.  I know I have said this before but "retirement" is certainly not a word I would chose to describe my current situation.  Its good to be busy although sometimes I wish I could stop for an hour or two to watch a bit of mindless TV.  As I write this I know that I must read some more of my text book tonight.  The weahtter is turning really cold now so a week in the tropics will do just nicely.  I am anxious, though, to make sure that I have completed all the work task I need to before gonig away.  Just like old times except there is no assistant to mind the shop this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment