Friday, October 28, 2011

Last Day at Atlantis

Our last full day at Atlantis and so we decided to spend it at the resort to allow everybody to indulge themselves on the water rides for the last time.  I was determined to fulfill my ambition of riding every slide at the resort in one visit and so today I took the Rapids, the Abyss, the Drop, the Serpent, the Challenger, the Jungle Slide and last, but not least, the Leap of Faith!  I had already done the Falls and the Surge previously.  Now I've done the lot!  Sara did the Serpent and the Jungle Slide but resisted all the others.  Mary and I also went to bingo in the Atlantic theatre and I won a wooden solitaire game with Atlantis engraved on its side.  Tonight we began our packing and last minute souvenir shopping before taking a taxi to the Fish Fry on Arawak Cay for cracked lobster, ribs, grouper and snapper - all traditional Bahamian dishes.  We got back in time to watch the end of the seventh and final World Series Game which was won by St. Louis Cardinals, 6-2 and meant a 4-3 series win.  Well done the Cardinals whom Tom and I were hoping would win.

No comments:

Post a Comment