Monday, October 03, 2011

Woodland Walk at Dusk

A bit cooler today but still very warm for the time of year.  I walked Mary down to the school and picked up my morning paper from the village shop on my way back.  The shop has sold over £300-worth of Calendars already!  I spent the rest of the morning at Rosemary's bible study group.  This afternoon I worked on Complex's year end accounts and submitted bills for work done during September. Later on I worked further on my theological studies and mowed the front bank.  This evening, Mary and I went on a lovely 2 miles walk down Witt Road and around Bentley Wood.  It was getting dusk and it was lovely to walk through the darkening woodland listening to the rustling of the trees in the wind and hearing the tawny owls calling to each other as they awoke.  When we entered the wood the first quarter Moon was beginning to shine brightly but upon emerging we found that the sky had clouded over and by the time we reached the top of Witt Road again, it had started to spit with rain.  I think it will be much cooler tomorrow although this hot weather has been forecast to continue right up until Wednesday - perhaps even up until next weekend.  I should have had a tutorial this evening but my tutor was unable to take the class and so I have a night off.  Had it not been for the amount of work I've had to do today I could have gone to Brighton for my installation rehearsal.  Feeling quite tired after the long walk and the hot weather of today.  An early night for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment