Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Books and Owls

The was much cooler today with a light drizzle this morning as I drove up to All Saints' Church to join the curate, Andrew, for Morning Prayer.   Afterwards, I called in at the shop for a paper and some bacon and rolls for breakfast.  Sara drove me into Salisbury.  She was attending a "Ladies who Latte" meeting to promote the Calendar and I left her at the Milford Hall Hotel and walked into the centre of the city.  I banked a further £440 from Calendar sales and then spent a couple of hours at Sarum College in the library there reading and completing a learning style questionnaire which needs to be done for next week.  It was a very pleasant and conducive atmosphere for studying although the books are still quite heavy going.  Quite a few abstract concepts to understand which for a pragmatist (my revealed preferred learning style) is not easy.  I spent this afternoon on finalising Complex's year end accounts so that I can get them to my accountant in Frome a bit earlier this year.  Weight Watchers was quite the horror I was expecting - I had only put on 1lb over the last three weeks despite the trip to Liverpool and the nibbling I've been doing.  Mary and I went out again for a dusk walk through Bentley Wood and were treated to the sounds of a chorus of owls - barn and tawny.  Tonight I undertook some secretarial work for Sarum Lodge - my masonic lodge here in Salisbury and Sara had a skyped conversation with David and Andrea in the States.  They have just taken delivery of 25 Calendars. From their response, they are delighted with then and so proud of Sara - as am I, although I know I sometimes don't make that clear.  After all, I've had to live with this Calendar and its ups and downs for well over a year now!

No comments:

Post a Comment