Friday, October 07, 2011

A profitable day

I was up very early this morning and after a shower and ironing a shirt, I set off for this morning's meeting of the Ambassadors' Business breakfast club.  I gave a short talk on the success of the Calendar and was greeted with some heart-felt applause when I announced the Calendar had already raised some £6,000 for the breast cancer fund of the Stars Appeal at Salisbury Hospital.  Today Sara had a stall at the hospital and I believe another £150 was raised there and with a market stall in the centre of Salisbury tomorrow we can expect some more money.  I stopped off to see Natasha and Mark whilst in Salisbury and had a cup of coffee with them.  So nice to have an extended family now in Salisbury.  Nice for them as well as us.  I drove into Andover at lunchtime to bank some £1,000 for the Calendar as well as to do some of my own banking and shopping.  The bank are also interested in taking some Calendars for their staff so I have promised to go back in next week when I bank the next load of money.  A very busy week next week with a trip to Brighton on Monday and also some essential work schedules to meet.   I spent the afternoon catching up on some work and writing one of my articles for the next parish magazine.  I also engrossed my training contract for signing before the congregation at the Team Service on Sunday.  Still quite a few paper tasks to complete but I think I will now have an early night and tackle some of these when I'm fresh in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment