Wednesday, October 12, 2011

An Ecclestiastical Day

Another very busy day today with back to back meetings for most of it.  After the children had gone to school I had telephone conferences with two of my clients which lasted about half an hour and then attended Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's.  This was immediately followed by a Full Team Staff meeting which last until 1 p.m. followed by another meeting with the clergy to discuss possible alteration to the Morning Worship service on a Sunday.  This was held in the Lord Nelson pub where we also enjoyed a late lunch cooked by Roger.  I think that Roger was quite surprised to see a party of clerics and their "acolytes" - myself included, especially as the pub was empty when we arrived and I think he had probably let the cook go!  Still he did well out of six meals and drinks and a few others came in afterwards - no doubt seeing the cars in the car park.  This afternoon I dealt with some more work before driving Mary to Godolphin School for some art and craft activities with the brownies.  Mary had forgotten about tonight's meeting being at Godolphin and I had to drive her up there late.  I then went on to Sarum College to use the library there before attending my last LWL course session which was rather an academic exercise as I shall not be commissioned because of my training for licensed lay ministry. Afterwards all those on the LWL course from the Clarendon Team met up at Mandy's for wine and nibbles.  Richard also joined us and we all had a very pleasant evening chatting over a glass or two of excellent red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment