Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallows Eve

First full day back home after our holiday.  Had a really good night's sleep and didn't get out of bed until 8.30 a.m.  Both children went off to school leaving Sara and I to tidy up and start the process of the massive unpacking of the cases and washing.  Spent the whole of the day at home until this evening.  Dealt with some of my mountain of mail and essential emails but generally had a work-free day.  I have a potential new client in Oxford through an old university friend and so the work continues to pile up.  In view of our wonderful holiday in The Bahamas we now need to begin the process of saving up for next year's visit as the consensus is that the family want to go again.  Being Halloween Night (All Hallows) we were subjected to some "trick n' treating" but it was all in the best possible taste and we had a visit from Marc and Natasha with their three youngest - none of whom I recognised at the door as I hadn't seen my grand-nephews dressed as ghouls and vampires before!  Tonight I attended college where the tutorial group continued the study of theological reflection.  One minute I feel that I understand it and then the next I feel darkness descend on me!  Others feel the same so that makes me feel less stupid.  One good thought coming out of tonight was to keep a more reflective diary as well as this blog - something I would do in handwriting I think - and much shorter.  It would, by its very nature, have to be a very private document dealing, as it would, with my more inner thoughts and reflections.  Busy day tomorrow with work first thing, a meeting in Salisbury at 11 a.m. and then a dash along the coast to Brighton for a meeting tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment