Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Reflections

I was up early again this morning after a short night's sleep.  Sara was not feeling too good this morning - aching after all her work in putting together Mary's desk/table.  I left Sara in bed and sorted out the children and took Mary to school in the car.  I had an early morning telephone meeting with clients to attend before I drove up to Andover and banked a further £790 for the Calendar - having raised another £80 myself of that total last night at my Installation meeting in Brighton.  After visiting the bank in Andover I drove to Amesbury to meet up with Ashley, my fellow LLM student, where we met at the Holiday Inn for a couple of hours over coffee to go through last night's tutorial and gave each other much moral and actual support for our studies.  We both find the same things taxing and it is really good to have the support and encouragement of a like mind.  We discussed the finer points of theological reflection and learning styles.  I drove back to Winterslow, made cheese and toast for Sara and myself before going to the Rectory for an hour and a half meeting with Nils my incumbent to discuss matters of my ministry formation and academic assignments.  We have agreed, in principle, for me to start preaching very soon - probably at an LWL/Evensong.  This will be my very first test in proper public ministry.  Sara is still not feeling too good this evening and I am feeling quite tired with another full day tomorrow.  I went over to Sophie's tonight to pick up Mary from her flute lesson.  She is doing really well at the flute and, unlike Tom, has a love of classical music already.  Think I will have an early night and read a few more pages of my theological text book.  I must also start writing up a spiritual journal which will be a private note of matters upon which I have reflected during the day.  I need to think differently in my ministry formation and be much more reflective.

No comments:

Post a Comment