Thursday, November 08, 2012

A day in the village

After a busy week travelling to Brighton and attending other meetings, I had a quiet day in the village today and the car did not move off the drive.  At least it saves fuel.  I visited James at lunchtime.  He broke his ankle and wrist whilst on holiday in Devon when he fell down a skate boarding ramp.  He wasn't skateboarding himself but was supervising his children and testing to see if the ramp was too slippery.  He's likely to be off work for at least eight weeks! I spent a couple of hours with him chatting and exchanging holiday nightmares!  He won't be available for the pub quiz on Sunday and it is doubtful whether he will be able to come to our Murder Mystery Party next Saturday. I decided to watch what I thought was a documentary on the V-1 flying bomb only to discover that it was a two-hour black and white film starring Michael Rennie.  I cannot recall ever seeing it before but it was very interesting.  Tonight I attended a meeting of the Team Council at St. John's and SAura entertained Paul, the only person who turned up for House Group this evening.Afterwards, Sara and I talked to Sara's Dad and wife, Andrea in America  on the Skype link. All in all, quite a lazy day today.   

No comments:

Post a Comment