Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sara returns to cyclonic weather

Sara is back this afternoon and the weather hasn't improved.  I do feel sorry for her as one of the joys of going to Champney's is to enjoy the walks and cycle rides in the forest and around the lake.  There are still wonderful facilities to enjoy indoors - the piano room being one of my especial favourites. I attended the Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's this morning and Andrew gave a homily on what our church now faces following yesterday's vote in Synod.  Much healing and prayer is needed.  I read many comments from the social networking sites, Facebook and Twitter, and there is general sadness, anger and disappointment following the decision not to pass measures to ordain women as bishops.  I do feel somewhat better today especially seeing my tutor and Director of Training, Jane Charman, on TV expressing exactly the same emotions as myself.  I rather wish she were marking my essays too!  Sara came home at around 1.30 p.m. The wind and rain picked up to what felt like hurricane level and I had to dismantle the flagpole to the dismay of one child who was quite upset to see it gone when they walked home from school. I reassured the parent that its removal was only temporary.  Another miserable night tonight.  Sara watched TV whilst I attempted to get up to date with some paperwork which had been neglected over the last couple of days.  I wrote up my blog until last Sunday and wrote several letters.   

No comments:

Post a Comment