Friday, November 09, 2012

A Trip to Westbury

At last, some more logs were delivered today so that we can now have regular wood fires in the lounge without worrying about running out of wood.  with the cost of oil being so high it is important that we use wood when possible to keep the consumption of oil to a minimum.  Unfortunately I was not around to stack the logs so Sara and the supplier did it between them.  I went over to Westbury today for a meeting with my fellow student, Ashley, to go through the course work for our current module and the provide moral support to each other.  I am slightly ahead of Ashley but still two half-modules behind my timetable. Right next to Ashley's house is a wonderful example of a west country telegraph pole of the type was frequently found West Wiltshire and Somerset.  I took a photo and sent it to my friend Si who collects pictures of these and also paints them.  Whilst over in Westbury, I called in at Warminster for some new printer cartridges and to buy some items for my packed lunch tomorrow from Morrison's.  I also picked up two large bags of kindling from Shrewton on the way back.  Sara was already out when I returned and I watched some television.  This evening Sara had invited some of her lady friends around for a Jamie at home Party and so I spent this evening in the Lion's Head with Richard.  It was nice to see the pub so full.  We had a few pints together and discussed many topics not least how we saw our futures panning out.  Richard is off to watch Aston Villa take on Manchester United tomorrow at villa Park but should hopefully be back for the Pub Quiz on Sunday night. Back home I watched a couple of Father Ted's with Sara.  Sara fell asleep on the sofa and didn't join me in bed until 6 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment