Friday, November 23, 2012

Emmaus Scripture Supper Evening

Another miserable day to day as far as the weather was concerned. I had lots of plans for today but in the end I drove into Salisbury's Waitrose store to pay a telephone bill and to fill the car with diesel for our trip to Liverpool tomorrow.  I called in briefly at the Lord Nelson at lunchtime to see Sara but the usual Friday lunchtime crowd were not in.  Surprisingly, I am still top of the Football Competition table with 149 points - but only 2 points clear of second place. I am grateful to Tranmere and Port Vale for having kept me top all season (so far!).  This evening there were seven of us for the Emmaus Scripture Supper and had a really nice selection of food brought - pitta bread and humus (which I bought in Waitrose), shepherd's pie from Val and Bill, a wonderful pavlova from Cynthia, salad from dawn,  and cheese and biscuits provided by us. Chris N brought some wine.  The main topic of conversation/study was scripture connected with the arguments for and against women bishops and we looked particularly at Paul's letter second to Timothy.  We had a really enjoyable evening but were late to bed as we had quite a bit of washing up to do which we didn't want to leave until the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment