Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Another day at home

I woke up feeling quite dreadful again today - aching and with a sore throat and headache.  As yesterday, I stayed in bed for a while but did read and work.  Geoff came to start work on our picket fence and by the end of the day had managed to complete three sections and a side gate. The weather matched my health - miserable, cloudy and wet.  In fact, apart from posting a couple of letters in the box across the road and occasionally going out to see the progress on the fence, I didn't leave the house all day - preferring the warmth indoors.  Both cats seemed to share my reluctance to go our - although Leo did venture off for a short period in the afternoon. I had a one-hour telephone conference with clients at lunchtime after which I phoned Mum to find out that she was waiting to go up to the hospital.  She is suffering from double vision again. It was later established that the dosage of drugs - principally steroids, needs increasing. This afternoon, Sara went into Salisbury to pick up Mary and to do a bit of shopping.  I worked on my worship essay and completed it.  Unfortunately it exceeds the word limit and Sara has kindly reviewed it with a view to reducing the number of words.  I shall work on it again tomorrow and get it off to my tutor. Tonight I watched the Aston Villa v. Reading game which was important for Southampton.  Aston Villa won 1-0 by a narrow margin which has pushed the Saints back into the bottom three.  They can restore themselves tomorrow night in their game against Norwich - in fact, with Sunderland drawing 0-0 with QPR this evening, they can significantly improve upon their position. Awin is a "must" tomorrow night.  Thom and I shall be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment