Monday, November 19, 2012

Home alone (Well sort of!)

Sara is away today for a few days at Champney's, Forest Mere and I have the house to myself - apart from the children of course!  Sara didn't actually get away until about 1.30 p.m. but made good time and was at Champney's by around 2.30 p.m. (she clearly drives much faster than I do!).  It is a cold miserable and wet day today - one of those days when you feel like you should have stayed under the duvet.  I cooked ribs, chips and corn on the cob for the kids which they enjoyed and had a roaring wood fire in the lounge.  tonight I chilled out with some TV - quite a luxury for me - and watched the first part of a two part drama documentary on the life and travels of Marco Polo in China.  Sara phoned on and off in response to calls from the children - particularly Mary.  This cold, dark and wet weather really doesn't suit me and leaves me feeling so lethargic - and guilty as I know there are so many things to be done - both around the house and in my studies - but I simply don't feel I have the energy.  Besides, I am still feeling tired and bruised from the paintballing yesterday. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment