Monday, November 12, 2012

Down Memory Lane - Pork Butchers is King's Lynn

A cold and wet morning started today.  Difficult to get up and I felt it would be lovely just to stay all day in a warm bed.  How I hate these cold, damp and dark mornings.  They really do make you feel like staying at home.  In fact I did, for most of the day - stay at home that is (not in bed).  Sara visited James and Sam this morning whilst I hunted for the currency conversion papers for the insurance claim.  In so doing I cleared away a lot of redundant paper from my study.  It wasn't until Sara returned at lunchtime that I remembered that the paperwork was in Sara's car which she had taken with her!  We made an appointment this morning to see Mary's Head Teacher as the School has refused permission for her to come to Spring Harvest next year.  We shall be appealing this - especially as St. Edmund's is a Church of England School!  I also visited James this afternoon and took a box full of DVDs which we can spare on loan.  We chatted for about an hour and Sam and I reminisced about pork butchers in King's Lynn.  Eventually I had to phone Mum in Grimsby to remember the name of the popular pork butcher's shop where we bought haslet. it was Fredrick Dale's of 31 Purfleet Street.   Sam couldn't remember it and I believe it might very well have closed and been pulled down before she was born or at least when she was still a small girl.  Her family favoured Van Pelt's in Norfolk Street.  Tonight the children played Monopoly and I worked in the study.  No television today which is good.   Today has simply slipped away so quickly and I feel so behind in everything.  Each evening I have the good intention of getting up early and working for a couple of hours before breakfast.  Maybe I'll try that tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment