Sunday, November 25, 2012

Liverpool to Southampton (for a great win)

I didn't sleep very well last night.  Whenever I did drift off Sara woke me up to tell me I had been snoring.  I was, therefore, the first person up this morning and made tea.  I had the beginnings of a really awful sore throat.  We left Liverpool at about 8.30 am and arrived in Southampton at 1 p.m. parking in IKEA where Thom and I left Sara and Mary and walked to St. Mary's Stadium to watch the Southampton v. Newcastle United game.  I had left my waterproof Burberry hat at Warwick Services and so stopped off at the Saints Store in West Quay to keep my head warm.  We also stopped off at the St. Mary's Street chippie for a couple of portions of chips before walking on to the Stadium.  30,400 attended this afternoon's game which Southampton won comfortably 2-0.  This means that tonight they are out of the bottom three.  Wonderful football.  Now looking forward to Wednesday's match against Norwich at St. Mary's and Saint's away game at Liverpool next Saturday - yes, another trip up to Liverpool.  Feeling really poorly tonight - a combination of late nights, lack of sleep, driving up to Liverpool and then back down to Southampton not to mention walking in the pouring rain.  Went to bed at 7 p.m. this evening hoping to feel better in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment