Tuesday, November 06, 2012

USA Election Day

Another cold start to the day.  Election Day in the United States and so I expect I shall stay up late tonight to watch the results.  Indications are that this is going to be a very close run thing tonight.  I spent the morning in the study preparing for tonight's Chapter meeting in Brighton and Sara attended a Lay Pastoral Assistants' meeting at Cynthia's until about 1 p.m.  I left for Brighton at 1.30 p.m. and arrived at Shoreham at around 3.45 p.m. where I dropped off an envelope at my former best man's house.  As I was leaving he pulled up in his car and we spoke briefly through the car windows!  I haven't seen him for over a year and he is now retired from his taxi business and is a man of leisure.  I parked my car at the North Road NCP car park just after 4 p.m. and after posting more correspondence in the main sorting office close by I attended my Chapter Meeting at the Sussex Masonic Centre where I inducted J into his chair and was, myself, inducted into the chair of H.  It was good to see Peter T, who has taken 29 years to get there, installed as Z.  a lovely evening with good company, even if small in number.  We had an excellent dinner of egg mayonnaise, poached salmon in a spinach and cream sauce, fresh fruit salad and cheese board.  Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves fully.  I decided not to stay in Brighton overnight and as the meeting ended before 9 p.m. I was able to get back to Wiltshire by 11 p.m. listening to the Manchester City game on the radio and latterly the lead up to the American Election night.  Back home, Sara and I watched the early results coming in until about 1.30 a.m. when it looked that Romney would be unlikely to get the key four states he would definitely need to win.  Went to bed feeling that Obama was likely to be re-elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment