Monday, November 26, 2012

Under the Weather

Woke up this morning feeling really unwell - headache, aching joints and sore throat.  Decided to stay in bed for a couple of hours although it is difficult for me just to lie and do nothing.  Ginny the Cat came and joined me.  She is a "Past Mistress" at being able to do nothing and laid down and promptly went to sleep.  The weather outside is hardly conducive to getting up today.  A large packet of papers for a couple of new clients had arrived over the weekend and I set to to read these in the comfort and warmth of the bed.  It took me an hour and a half to read them. After this I had a quick telephone conversion with one of the clients and we have arranged for a fuller telephone conference tomorrow lunchtime.  Sara went into Salisbury today on a few errands including a visit to see her niece and family. I felt a little better and made a wood fire and did some work in the warm lounge.  Tonight some issues arose with Thom and his attitude towards his school work - the result of which was that he forfeited the opportunity to watch some American sport and TV.  He was not a "happy bunny".  I had hoped to finish my essay of the peace today but will try and do that tomorrow.  Have four essays to complete before Christmas.  It would be good to get this one out of the way this week.  I also have a staff meeting on Wednesday so I must knuckle down.  wish I didn't feel so awful.  Tonight my feelings of illness returned with a vengeance although I put off going to bed until late in the hope that I would get a good night's sleep if tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment