Thursday, May 09, 2013

Ascension Day

The weather certainly seems to have changed for the worse.  Overcast and rainy today.  Steve and Peter are busy in the kitchen making an awful amount of noise as they put the new ceiling in and re-wire the electrics for the new lighting. Sara and I decided to have lunch out today as we really can’t do anything in the kitchen with all the dust, noise and work going on.  We went to the Hampton Inn at Bishopdown and had one of their special lunchtime curries.  Back home this afternoon it was difficult to do any work with the continuous noise so spent the afternoon reading. Pie and chips for dinner tonight from the Laverstock chippy.  This evening I attended the Ascension Day Team service at All Saints.  Not well attended by the Team – only congregation came from Winterslow, Pitton and Farley and there were only 4 Team Council members present to be welcomed.  A good sermon from Elizabeth and a pleasant service.  I counted about 25 people in all.  Difficult to know what will make the Team more inclusive.  Early to bed tonight.  I have started to read Dave Hopwood’s “Blokes Bible”.  I have already read his second volume (“The Road Trip”) and thought that I should read his original book.  Hopefully I’ll get some inspiration for our Pub Theology.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment