Sunday, May 19, 2013

Saints end the season 14th on Pentecost Sunday

Mary has had her friend Amy from Fordingbridge sleeping over – a really lovely girl and one whose friendship I hope will continue. They clearly get on very well together and have had great fun. Sara stayed at home this morning as I went to All Saints for the Morning Eucharist.  Being Pentecost Sunday we had a healing service and I took up my duties, for the first time, as a chalice assistant.  I had a fear of spilling the wine but didn’t need to worry as it all went quite smoothly.  As I arrived home Amy’s mother turned up to take Amy back home – she stayed for three hours!  She, like Amy, is a lovely person and it is easy to see why her daughter is so pleasant.  She is an intelligent and interesting person.  Thom and I left to go to Southampton before Amy and her mum left.  We arrived in the city and parked in our usual spot before going and having lunch at the central KFC.  It was good to be with old friends again at St. Mary’s.  Andy has got over his illness and thanked me for the card and good wishes we sent. We watched a fairly bruising match between Saints and Stoke city which end in a 1-1 draw and Southampton have finished 14th in the Premier League – pretty much where they hoped to finish when the season began – above Aston Villa and Newcastle to name but two big clubs.  Wonderful atmosphere as the team did a lap of honour and appreciation.  Season ticket prices will be announced on Wednesday.  Thom wants to continue his support as do all those around us.  I think it will be difficult not to go for a further season – whatever the cost.  Sara is slowly resolving matters which have been bothering her.  She attended a wonderful Pentecost Party in the Village Hall this afternoon which I think has helped her.  Tonight, Richard and I when for our usual pub chat and sorted out the Hampshire cricket fixtures which we intend to go to.  I have a ticket for Sara’s Dad to come with me to one day of the County Championship game against Gloucestershire on the second day of his visit to the UK.   Late to bed tonight – 1 a.m. – following more chatting with Sara.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment