Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Visit to Southampton


Although we are entering mid-May the weather has turned cold again and it rains nearly every day.  Up early this morning to take Sara to the Princess Anne Hospital in Southampton (Women’s Hospital) for further scans following her mammogram at Wilton.  We arrived at the hospital a little after 9 a.m. for a 9.50 a.m. appointment and had time to buy coffees and register.  Fortunately they were able to fit her in early and the whole process took about half an hour.  They discovered a tiny cyst which they were able to treat there and then and Sara was sent on her way with a clean bill of health.  Relief all round!  I have to say that despite all the criticism s of the NHS, they wasted no time to checking Sara out and I am encouraged by such swift service.  I am still awaiting my appointment for a course of physiotherapy for my knee but I am satisfied that I should not complain about any delay as I am not a priority case.  After the appointment Sara and I went to look at some Toyota cars as possible replacement for her Scenic Renault.   We are considering selling both our cars and replacing by a leasing arrangement.  It rained heavily from midday today.  The builders were back working on our kitchen – dust absolutely everywhere and with it raining and windy and having to opine the windows, it was quite cold in the house.  Impossible to work with the noise they are making. Tonight there were just three of us for pub theology at the Lord Nelson.  No food tonight just drinks and snacks.  We discussed the use of language in modern day worship and evangelism and I introduced Ian to Dave Hopwood’s works – especially The Bloke’s Bible – reading extracts as appropriate. I also managed to recover my fleece which I left in the pub on Friday lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment