Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Travels around Wiltshire

A glorious warm sunny day again today.  Sara did her usual stint at Morning Star whilst I dealt with some urgent correspondence before I drove over to Warminster and Westbury.  In Warminster I bought some fresh cartridges for the office printer from The Ink Shop and did some banking after which, having filled my car with fuel from Morrisons (the cheapest I’ve seen in Wiltshire), I drove to Westbury for a meeting with a fellow student and client.  We talked business over a really enjoyable lunch at the Tale of Spice-II – a really excellent prawn balti with nan bread – I would certainly recommend it and apparently it has a very good reputation and has won many awards.  The meal was even better for having been bought for me by my client!  I returned to Winterslow at about 4.00 p.m.  and had about an hour before going into Salisbury for an important meeting of Sarum Lodge – the initiation of a new candidate.  An excellent evening – with nearly 40 brethren present from all over Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset.  The ceremony went extremely well and I enjoyed my part in presenting the new candidate with a lapel badge and tie and also giving the toast/speech at the dinner afterwards.  Having worked hard to get the candidate prepared I felt great pride in seeing it all come to fruition.  With three Grand Officers present, including the Assistant Provincial Grand Master, it was important that we put on a good show.  We certainly did.  Felt quite tired when I eventually got home as it had been a really long and fully packed day.  Tomorrow Sara and I are giving ourselves a day off and plan to visit Sherborne in Dorest.

No comments:

Post a Comment