Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dealing with Bereavement

As I expected, it was hard to get up this morning.  Sara brought me a cup of tea and a bacon roll and I then snoozed again. Sara then went off to Morning Star I eventually awoke at 9.30 a.m. had a quick shower and drove down to St. John’s Church for Mid-Week Eucharist which was taken by Andrew.  Only five of us this morning.  The Team Staff met at 11 a.m. at Andrew’s house in Firsdown until 1 p.m.  This afternoon I mowed the front lawn and did some more general gardening.  Tonight I had the sixth session of my pastoral care module and we started to discuss grief and bereavement.  We will be having two sessions on this topic and tonight we looked at the different stages of grief. Most interesting stuff and very important if I am to undertake funeral ministry in the future.  Liz and Michael are waiting to hear whether they were successfully selected for lay ministry training following the conference day on Saturday.  We have been praying heavily for them and it would be great if they do get through.  We continued the session until 9.45 p.m. this evening and I didn’t get home until nearly 11 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment