Monday, April 20, 2009

An Unintentional Lie In !!

All the long days, long journeys and short (late) nights must be catching up on me. I woke at 5.45 a.m. but fell back into a deep sleep until 6.45 a.m. I woke with a jolt remembering that I was to give Anthony an early morning call at 6.30 a.m. to ensure he was up and about before I set off to Grateley Station to pick him up. When I did ring him at just after 7 a.m. he was already on the train for Grateley. I explained that I would be about 10-15 minutes late. I hastily drank some tea and had toast and marmalade for breakfast. I quickly made a couple of cheese rolls and put them and some yoghurt and fruit into my lunch box. I arrived at Grateley at 7.45 a.m. and although it was the first day back for many after the Easter break, the traffic was not too bad until we reached Guildford. We managed to get in to Dorking at 9.30 a.m. The morning was taken up by a presentation by Lexis Nexis, the legal publishers, demonstrating their website resource which provides and immense legal library online. A useful resource which means I can carry around a massive law library on my laptop! With help from our administrator I managed to log on to the system and sort out my password - will I remember it tomorrow? At lunchtime I spent half an hour in the gym on the bike and the treadmill and the afternoon was taken up in what I hope are settlements of two of my employment cases. I arrived back home at 7.30 p.m. and set about the awful task of cutting the grass on the bank surrounding our house. The grass was very long and I needed to use a high cut. The mower has lost its self-propelling mechanism so it felt like I was in the gym for the second time today. Sara showed me the notice of potential redundancy she has received which indicates that, in all prbability, her last day with the Company will be 20 July 2009. My intention now is to have an early night tonight although I note that it is fast approaching 11 p.m. as I bring this blog to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment