Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another day in Dorking - two in row. Today I didn't need to pick anyone up at any railway stations but did need to drop off some money with Hilary for the latest edition of New Daylight - my book of daily bible readings. I packed ham and cheese rolls for lunch and arrived in the office at around 9.30 a.m. Quite a fruitful day with a lot of paper shifted and some settlement agreements drafted. My assistant got her laptop delivered at long last too! I worked through my lunch hour, eating my rolls, and also paid a couple of bills. I also spoke to Simon at Stop the Traffik with my initial views on their problem which coincided with the views of their legal intern (a Harvard law graduate). We had a pleasant chat and he invited me to drop into their offices next time I am in London to meet them and see their operation there. This evening was taken up with mowing the lawn and then sending out a number of emails inviting people to a House Group introductory cheese and wine evening on Friday at ours. I intend to use the material we obtained at Spring Harvest for the next House Group Sessions on the theme of "Walking with Jesus - being an Apprentice of Christ". It will be interesting to see how many people decide to join us who were not at Spring Harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment