Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back to Work(outs)!

Back to work today - at least it was in Salisbury and not Dorking. I hadn't slept very well - principally because I was suffering from man-flu or a very heavy cold and I kept waking up. I think I probably only snatched a couple of hours sleep. I had an early morning meeting at 9.00 a.m. and spent most the the rest of the day going through my huge list of emails - accumulated whilst I was away in Minehead. After work I attend Five River's Leisure Centre for my gym induction and was put through my paces by the instructor who provided me with a sensible exercise programme. Although needing to lose some weight I was delighted that it isn't as much as I had thought and that my blood pressure and general health seem to be okay for a 55-year old codger! In fact the training programme was increased slightly as I seemed to be able to cope with the heavier exercise. I felt quite good when I left with no aches and pains - those came along later when I had been home for a little while. I had a warm bath and a light supper of muscles and fresh crusty bread. Sara went off to Tesco's at around 9.30 p.m. leaving me to write my Night Sky article for the Parish Magazine and this blog. I am in Dorking tomorrow and tomorrow evening will be packing for the trip, with Tom, to Sheffield and Grimsby.

No comments:

Post a Comment