Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mission Giving

Back to Dorking today for the first time in a week. The traffic seemed relatively light for a Wednesday morning and I was in the office just after 9.00 a.m. There was a pile of paperwork for me to attend to including finalising the monthly report. I carried on working through my lunch hour on some International matters as I wanted to leave quite promptly this evening to get back for a meeting of our Mission Giving Group at our house. On the way home I phoned Mum to see how she was as I have been so busy over these last few days that I hadn't phoned her as usual on Sunday night. She said she was fine although some of the pain she had been experiencing with her polymyalgia rheumatica had returned. She has had all the garden fencing replaced. Rosemary, Max, Gillian, and Cynthia attended the meeting and after much debate we decided to give larger sums to fewer charities this year - the principal ones being the Deanery Mission Project (Ethiopian children), Winterslow School, Medical Aid to the Sudan and, I am pleased to say, Stop the Traffik. This will all have to be ratified by the full PCC in due course on the 19th May. As a result of the meeting I missed watching Auf Wiedersehen Pet so stayed up late to complete this blog and watch Love Actually so that I could see the repeat of Auf Wiedersehen in the early hours of the morning. Back to Dorking again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment