Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Goodbye to work for a while

Up early to go to Dorking today but a bit of a spring in my step as it is the last working day before our holiday in Somerset. It had rained heavily in the night but was dry and bright by the time I set off. Traffic was reasonably light until I got to Junction 9 of the M25 where there was an enormous queue to get off. This seemed to be caused by a log jam on the opposite carriageway and traffic deciding to get off the motorway at Leatherhead. This had the effect of clogging up the roundabouts. I still got in at a reasonable time. Again I took the opportunity of using the sports and social gym facilities at lunchtime spending some time on the exercise cycle and then a few minutes in the sauna before an invigorating shower. A baguette lunch and then a 1:1 with my boss. I am so pleased that it is the last working day for a few days as I really do need the break. I have no intention of being disturbed by work if I can possibly avoid it. I am closed to business now until we return. This evening I watched Auf Wiedersehen Pet before turning in for an early night. We need to be up early in the morning to pack but may not leave all that early as we do not need to arrive until much later in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment